421 N. Market Street // Wilmington, DE
- Renovation/restoration of three existing buildings which included a 100 year old historic urban retail and apartment building into twelve modern apartments and 5,000 sq ft of ground floor retail space.
- This restoration was submitted to The National Park Service through the State of Delaware’s SHIPO office as a Historic Tax Credit Project, and it was ultimately awarded historic tax credits.
- Each apartment is unique because of the restoration and installation of historic millwork, varying floor elevations, and tin ceilings found throughout the building.
- The project included a custom reconstruction of 3 historic window bays, replica historic windows, and custom copper cornice work.
- BPG worked closely with the City of Wilmington’s DRPC review committee to ensure a historically accurate renovation of the façades, since this building resides in a historic district.
Recipient of the 2008 Delaware Contractors Association Construction Excellence Award