308 N Market St // Wilmington, DE
- 41-unit multi-family residential community on Market Street in Downtown Wilmington, DE
- Redevelopment of an entire city block of former commercial office and retail space encompassing 10 contiguous buildings from 300 to 318 N Market St.
- Originally developed in the 1800s as a collection of individual townhomes, the property was first converted to retail space in the years following the Civil War. By the end of the 19th century, Lippincott & Co. occupied most of the block from 306-314 Market St. The department store thrived as “one of the leading merchandise locations in Wilmington” for over 60 years, as described by the Wilmington City Directory in 1940.
- The property was then renamed Lincoln Square in honor of Abraham Lincoln’s visit to Wilmington on June 10, 1848. A congressman at the time, Lincoln addressed members of the Whig political party from the balcony of the Fourth Street Market House, which was located in the center of 4th Street between Orange and Market streets. It was Lincoln’s only documented visit to Delaware.
- Click here to watch a video of the completed model unit