BPGS Construction, LLC (“BPGS”) is a full-service construction management subsidiary of BPG. The company provides a broad range of integrated pre-construction and construction management services for BPG as well as select third parties. BPGS is currently involved with over $500 million in capital improvements related projects that include hotels, offices, residential, retail and parking. BPGS Construction is currently seeking candidates for the following in office and/or remote position.
The Development Manager will have a direct leadership role. This position will have day-to-day project coordination responsibilities between the Architect, the Owner and the Contractor (AOC).
Duties & Responsibilities
Due Diligence / Entitlements:
- With the support of the development team, establish due diligence tasks specific to each project
- Prepare the initial due diligence budget and schedule
- Establish the initial development budget and job start package for approval by the development team
- Advance entitlement activities to support finance closing.
- Coordinate with finance, operations, marketing and the principle in charge to ensure the project parameters are identified early in the entitlement process.
- Land Use: Secure, though not limited to, all required Agreements, Easement, Permits, Inspections, and Final Certificates of Occupancy
- Effectively manage the lead designers and supporting consultants to prepare the initial Statement of Criteria (SOC) / Basis of Design (BOD) that includes input from the lead principle, operations, finance and marketing.
- Procure estimating services to support the design process.
- Manage the design process through weekly meetings to ensure alignment with the preliminary SOC/BOD and budget.
- Ensure design deliverables are met and align with the preliminary development schedule & budget.
- Secure proposals for construction related services. Qualify the required scope, negotiate and prepare final agreement(s) for execution
- Manage estimating services provided by the construction services provider. Ensure budgets align with historical costs, and current design direction.
- Lead and manage any value driven exercises to ensure coordination between the design team, construction team and project requirements.
- Lead regular construction meetings to ensure coordination between the designers, consultants and construction services provider.
- Monitor construction progress including site visits on a regular basis to ensure compliance with the established construction schedule.
- Evaluate and negotiate any cost events with the construction provider.
- Establish and implement quality control procedures for the project.
- Oversee the timely completion of the punchlist process in anticipation of turnover to operations.
- Facilitate the proper commissioning of the project and turnover to the operations team.
- Secure proposals for all professional services required. Qualify the required scope, negotiate and prepare for execution all necessary contracts.
- Solicit, evaluate and negotiate any changes required by professional service providers.
- Establish and maintain a monthly development cost report for each project.
- With the assistance of Purchasing and Accounting, facilitate the Monthly Draw Process.
- Prepare and present a Monthly Project Report that includes, though not limited to, the following information: Executive Summary, Forecasted Development Budget, Project Schedule with Baseline, Change Order Log, etc.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to travel. Travel frequency can vary depending on projects & project cycle. Extended remote stay may be required at certain stages of the project. All travel expenses covered.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture construction management, architectural engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering, and interior design and/or an equivalent combination of experience and continuing education.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in construction, architecture or development field
- Previous project management experience is a plus
- Ability to execute multiple project management efforts
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Proficient in the creation and maintenance of a CPM Project Schedule.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting, and bending
- Frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects up to 10 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, and BPGS Construction, LLC, provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.